Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Series X-WORKS! PS5-NOPE!

Series X-WORKS! PS5-NOPE! 9 months 2 weeks ago #57854

• Boingo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
I've only done quick setups to see if the VenomX4 will work on both systems and the good news is that VenomX4 works on the Xbox Series X, but it doesn't on the PS5.

I knew that PS4 accessories would work only with PS4 games, but the VenomX4 just gets bypassed on the PS5. Everything lights up and the wand seems to be connected, but only the PS4 controller, which is connected to the VenomX4, works. I connected a PS5 controller to it, but that didn't help. ( but I didn't expect it too ) So, you won't be able to use your VenomX4 on the PS5 even for PS4 games. :(

For the Series X, I moved my Xbox One X setup over to the Series X. I used a regular Xbox One controller, I haven't tried it with the updated controller, and the VenomX4 functioned as normal in the system and playing the Series X version of Call of Duty: Cold War. :woohoo:

I haven't tried any other games on the Series X, but I would expect it to work with Xbox One Gen games as well.

So, just a little bit of info in case anyone was wondering.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eumoar, Ally24670884, vincenzotarr@live.com

Series X-WORKS! PS5-NOPE! 9 months 1 week ago #57856

• Ally24670884
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Does a mouse and keyboard work on PS5 like the PS4?

Just bought a new venom as well, f'n angry with that!

Series X-WORKS! PS5-NOPE! 9 months 6 days ago #57859

• Rbox
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Hahaha, as if anyone needed more reasons to stay away from Sony and their incredibly unfriendly end-user approach! They are blending in with the Apple attitude. Microsoft on the other hand has been hard at work the last years to get rid of their Micro$oft moniker. And on many fronts, they succeeded in doing so. I´m and always will be an anti-corpo, but give credit where´s credit due. Just think about GamePass and my point has been proven.

Sony block off so many quality of life features (which are present on competitor platforms) that accumilate into a true sentiment of unease and underprivileged approach. --had to get this off my chest.... (Hope you could all hear me with all that noise coming from my PS4-pro ) ;)
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. And lots of 'em.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ally24670884, vincenzotarr@live.com

Series X-WORKS! PS5-NOPE! 9 months 6 days ago #57860

• Boingo
  • Junior Boarder
Ally24670884 wrote:
Does a mouse and keyboard work on PS5 like the PS4?

Just bought a new venom as well, f'n angry with that!

You can use a keyboard and mouse ,with the PS5, for system navigation and for games that support it.

I never used a K&M on the PS4 or PS5, so I had to look up the corresponding keyboard keys for system navigation and then I gave it a try.

I played TDM bot matches in Modern Warfare and Cold War PS5 ver., with K&M, and it worked fine. So, if you're comfortable using K&M, in games that support them, then you are good to go.

It is a major bummer that Sony blocked off the VenomX/X4 for use in PS4 games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pbanza72, Ally24670884

Series X-WORKS! PS5-NOPE! 9 months 6 days ago #57861

• Boingo
  • Junior Boarder
Rbox wrote:
Hahaha, as if anyone needed more reasons to stay away from Sony and their incredibly unfriendly end-user approach! They are blending in with the Apple attitude. Microsoft on the other hand has been hard at work the last years to get rid of their Micro$oft moniker. And on many fronts, they succeeded in doing so. I´m and always will be an anti-corpo, but give credit where´s credit due. Just think about GamePass and my point has been proven.

Sony block off so many quality of life features (which are present on competitor platforms) that accumilate into a true sentiment of unease and underprivileged approach. --had to get this off my chest.... (Hope you could all hear me with all that noise coming from my PS4-pro ) ;)

It's good to vent.

I've made much more of an investment in my Series X setup, than I have with my PS5.

Such a shame that the PS5 won't allow the VenomX/X4 to even work with only PS4 titles. PS4 games is such a better experience through the PS5 than on the PS4 Pro...Quiet and better performance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ally24670884

Series X-WORKS! PS5-NOPE! 9 months 5 days ago #57864

• Rbox
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Still can´t understand why they again did not create a mouse/trackball-controller for this new gen. I have mountains of respect for people that can play any FPS with just a controller. I sure can´t.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. And lots of 'em.

Series X-WORKS! PS5-NOPE! 9 months 2 days ago #57867

• Boingo
  • Junior Boarder
Just wanted to add that User: Strangerer posted in another thread that the original version of the VenomX plays PS4 titles on the PS5. I pulled out one of my old units to test, after reading his post, and it does work.

Series X-WORKS! PS5-NOPE! 9 months 21 hours ago #57869

• Ally24670884
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Rbox wrote:

100% agree with you about Sony, totally an Apple style approach and one i detest, but, when you have hundreds of games for a PS system ..... I should have gone with the x bone and that way all the ps3 games were useless anyway! big mistake on my part.

I have to say though, with the enforced cross network play, it is A HUGE turn off for me as I game on PC as well and the difference is night and day! You are truly at a loss on a console against PC players. the game is fast in many instances and faster to respond. Not to mention the huge amount of hacks! Not for me

Series X-WORKS! PS5-NOPE! 7 months 1 week ago #57880

• pbanza72
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi

Did you get no new xbox updated controller to work?

xbox series x controller via USB type C to venom X4?

I'm using the G502 Hero mouse
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds