Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Destiny settings here

Destiny settings here 6 years 1 month ago #22968

• Himmelskaberget
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hello Martialsage!

Am I correct in seeing you're using my old settings that I shared here? Atleast it looks like it. Moving on to the possible issue at hand..

The X-turning and Y-tilting (rotation and looking up/down) are always going to be slower than on a Controller due to how the code for the game and the tool we have here, interact with each other. Tuact coders have worked hard to make it work but they just are not able to make it work identically. I'm personally not tech-savvy enough to understand why, but I'm confident that they are not just lazy. :)

You're using VenomX's own Mouse? Have you set it up to use 8200 DPI? You need to do that manually in the program, because the "Configuration"tab is for Non-VenomX mice.
If you're using a non-VenomX mouse you need to manually set that one up as well, with its own program from a PC (Qpad, Razer, Asus etc all ahve their own Mice Software). Put it up as high as possible (standard is 5k DPI on "gaming" mice", some goes 8.2k and some (rare!!) goes beyond the 10k limit). Most that goes beyond 8.2k DPI use firmware acceleration in the sensor itself and that causes jittering on Destiny I've noticed.

Moving on..

I've recently purchased a new mouse, a QPad as before, but one of their new models, the 8k Pro Laser (instead of the 5k-series). The Laser 8k has 8.2k DPI, the Optical 8k only got 5k (different sensors and internal works).
When I started using this new mouse I noticed a massive drop in turn-speed, plugging in the old and eveything worked as before. After going thru the settings (of the mouse) itself I lowered its interpolation from 1000Hz to 500Hz and things got better - I can not understand why this is (it should have the opposite effect). So I suggest you check that out on your own mouse too, be it Non-VenomX or the VenomX.

My new settings, which I am still working thru and testing out with the new mouse, are as follows:
Mouse Speed: 3.8
ADS: 0.8
DPI: 8200
Speed Up: x3
X/Y Ratio: 2.2

These above settings are not perfect for me, but I'm getting there.
If I go above 4.0 MS I start having jittering, if I raise the Speed-Up to x4 it goes haywire in normal mode but great in ADS.
Using this above settings, my ADS is good, the PvE-movement is near spot-on to my Controller-testing, but the Running-turning is still too low (I'd theorize by a +1.5 Mouse Speed).

So, after a jumping and jumbling wall-of-text, I'll try to write a easier wall-of-text for that 5 year-old side of you. :)

You need to set up the VenomX Mouse's DPI manually if you use it. I have -no- idea how to do it, but a guide on this should be available with the ReadMe, Tutorial-book with the package or from this site itself.

If you use a non-VenomX mouse, then plug it into a computer that you own (or can borrow for a little). If VenomX mouse is used, ignore this step!
Plug it into the USB port and then install the driver which comes with the mouse. If no CD was given to you by the manufacturer, simply go to their homepage and find your mouse, then download and install the software for the mouse that way.
Now open the program, with the mouse plugged into the PC, and set one of the DPI-Settings to its max (5000 or 8200 tends to be max, check it at the manufacturers homepage). Remember which DPI-setting this is, for example if it is DPI-Step 1, 2 or 3 (QPad has 3-steps, my Asus got 5 levels).
Now put the Mouse into the VenomX-converter/adapter and open the VenomX software. Set the Non-VenomX DPI to the same setting that you gave the mouse (5000 or 8200...).

In the VenomX software, go to the console-type of choice (PS4, Xbox One etc, you use PS4 it seems?). If Venom X tools all the way, choose VenomX in the Layout, otherwise use the "Other Keyboard and Mouse" menu.
Now you choose either the Green, Blue or Red profile, select "Load Profile from:" Manufacture -> Destiny.p2ps4. Press the downward arrow to load it (You've done this as far as I can see).

If you have firmware of 3.2.4 or above, you will not need to set up a Speed-Up key since it will go into effect whenever you run, slide or jump (not falling, only jumping). I still do choose a Speed-Up key and start it (pressing it) whenever I first start to use the mouse/keyboard/stick), because I "need" the increased rotation-speed which it gives me at all times (its too slow otherwise). I have mine set up to my own Keyboard, and I then have set the Speed-Up to my G-key.

Once the Layout is done (VenomX or Other KB/Mouse), you go into the Configuration-tab.
You've already done this before, using MS 2.8, ADS 0.7, DPI 8200 (NON-VENOMX MOUSE!!), Speed-Up x3, Y/X Ratio 2.0.
I do not myself use Auto-Fire, Stability Assistance or ADS Lock (see no need for it, but might dabble in 2.0 since Pulse Rifle goes OP).

Once you have one of the profiles stats in a way you like it, press the big Apply-button, wait a moment for it to save and store itself correctly. Now click one of the other Profiles and back to the first, just to see if the configuration and key-settings are saved, sometimes it doesn't for me (no idea why).

Now you open another Profile (Green, Red, Blue) and re-do everything, up until the Configuration-tab.
You feel that the X-rotation (turning) is too slow, then bump something up in an attempt to fix it on this Profile. For example, increase the Mouse-Speed to 3.0 or more (3.4? 3.5?), set the ADS, DPI, Speed-Up and X/Y ratio as before. Again choose to Apply.

If you have no other games planned to use the VenomX, then set up the third Profile as well, load the Destiny.p2ps4-profile and fix its Layout, go to the Configuration-tab and now in expectance assume that the changes to the second profile is NOT enough and change even more. Perhaps max things? Put it at 6.0 Mouse Speed, 2.0 ADS, x5 Speed-Up (won't need more!), X/Y Ratio to 2.5... etc
Now Apply this one too and go into the game, land on Earth in a patrol and set things up on the first profile (Green in your case).

Test the rotation, ADS, jumping sighting/turning, sliding, run-turning etc. Take manual note on a piece of paper as such:
Green Profile - (Speed-Up Off) Too low X-turn, perfect ADS, way too low running-turn speed. / (Speed-Up On) Good X-Turn but more, too high ADS, too slow Running-turn speed.

Now go to the second Profile (Blue) and re-do the testing of things, sighting, running'n'gunning etc and do the manual notes. Perhaps this one is good rotation on no Speed-up, but the ADS is too high/low..

Then go to the last profile, the "Maxed!" one (Red is rage! :D). Check how insane it gets, especially when you turn Speed-Up on. Make manual notes again, if needed or just go "fuck it, way too high settings!".

Once you have these notes infront of you, plug the VenomX into the PC and alter the Profiles as your notes suggests.
On Green perhaps increase the MS by +0.3 but lower the ADS by -0.1, keep the Speed-Up etc.. Apply the changes, check that they saved (clicking onto another profile and then back again). Fix the Blue/Red profiles too as per your notes.
If your Red is "WAY TOO HIGH!" then change it to be in line with one of the "good" profiles, but change it slightly differently (increase X/Y Ratio instead of Mouse Speed, etc).

Now go back in-game, Earth, Patrol and repeat the testing procedure.
Keep doing this until you're feeling satisfied with your settings or you're hitting a brick-wall of being unable to fix it.

We all have different preferences and "Valid" settings, depending on our playstyles, equipment, previous feelings of a Controller and so on. This causes one persons settings to perhaps not being good for another, but it could be used as an initial base-line.
Just be aware that the ability to have the quick-turning speed of a controller and perfect ADS at the same time, may not be possible without a massive amount of testing and out-of-the-box thinking.

(Example: 4x Speed-up (Always On), 3.8 Mouse Speed, 8200 DPI, 2.1 X/Y Ratio but 0.3 ADS).

This should give you very quick 180 and 360 turns with your mouse, but having a 1.0 ADS would make the aiming way too quick. Lowering the ADS to perhaps 0.5 (half speed) or even less to 0.3 (one third speed) might solve this issue, allowing for long-range sniping with HC's, Scoutrifles etc.

Suggestions from me:
Start by finding a Normal (not running/jumping/sliding) turn-speed that you are comfortable with. I suggest using Speed-Up On.
Once you have a good Normal Speed, try that while you run (it should be identical, since you're using Speed-Up).
Now get the ADS set up. If its too quick, lower the ADS (not the X/Y, Mouse Speed or Speed-Up). If its too slow (lol), increase the ADS.

Once you find a setting that feels "alright", clone that setting to all three profiles, so that you have 3 identical ones.
If Running-turn speed feels "a bit" too low, then increase something on one of your secondary profiles (Blue or Red), example the Mouse Speed with +0.4 on Blue, but +0.2 X/Y Ratio on Red.
Now test with Blue and Red, does the speed seem better? Note it down, test the ADS and note how it feels.

Yes, a decently long rambling of text.. But you did ask for some of it. :P
Hope it helps man.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martialsage

Destiny settings here 6 years 1 month ago #22972

• Himmelskaberget
  • Junior Boarder
Polling Rate, not Interpolation...

Sorry. :)

Destiny settings here 6 years 1 month ago #22981

Thanks Himmel. Some of the "duh" things I figured out playing with it over the last week were, in addition to some of the points you made, that you need to plug JUST THE MOUSE into your PC (not through the venom x box) to change the settings on the venom x mouse - I couldn't figure out why the mouse tab was greyed out when I had the mouse plugged into the venom x box which was then plugged into the computer. Setting the mouse DPI to 8200 solved a lot of my issues. However, I still need to mess around with some of my settings and your advice was helpful. Thanks!

Destiny settings here 6 years 1 month ago #22993

• Phoenix
  • Junior Boarder
so any good settings for destiny PVP

i use
Ps4 - venom x v2 - program V3.2.1 and firmware 3,2,5 !!!

any help please \???

how to enable auto speed up??

Destiny settings here 6 years 1 month ago #23038

• Himmelskaberget
  • Junior Boarder
Phoenix wrote:
so any good settings for destiny PVP

i use
Ps4 - venom x v2 - program V3.2.1 and firmware 3,2,5 !!!

any help please \???

how to enable auto speed up??

I use the latest version of the Firmware, 3.2.5. I also run a Venom X v2 (Hardware Version), with that I have automatic speed up when I run, jump etc. I still set a key so I enable Speed Up at all times - it helps me with the settings.

I use the following three settings, they all work similarly for me:
Green - Works lovely in PvP (shotgun with ease)
Mouse Speed: 2,8
ADS: 0,8
X/Y Ratio: 2,0
Speed Up: x4

Blue - For Handcannons now that they zoom less
Mouse Speed: 4,0
ADS: 0,9
X/Y Ratio: 2,5

Red - For all other guns
Mouse Speed: 4,0
ADS: 0,8
X/Y Ratio: 2,5

I use a keyboard and my own Mouse, a Qpad 8k Pro Laser which has a sensor at 8200 DPI.

Destiny settings here 6 years 1 month ago #23086

• sbm888
  • Fresh Boarder
hi all - I can't seem to get my Razer Naga 2012 to look as fast I as want it to in Destiny.
with all settings moved to highest, it still is quite slow.
but when i switch back to the VenomX mouse, it's good..

is it because of the lower dpi?

Destiny settings here 6 years 1 month ago #23087

• GODJOEY
  • Thank you received: 490
What's up man, it could be the 5600 dpi, but have you set the setup dpi to the 5600 dpi instead of leaving it at 8200 dpi the venom is set at? If it's off it will give you slow movements that will not match your hand speed.

Destiny settings here 6 years 3 weeks ago #23115

• mongkee
  • Junior Boarder
Hi everyone,

Been using my venom x v1 since last year and haven't updated and kept old settings. it was working for me so I didn't update it haha. anyways I used to follow this post but now it seems like there are a lot of new things and updates! I am quite confused and unsure on what to download and update my Venom X v1 to... always got confused with the firmware and software files. when I look in the download section under Setup software I see Ver 3.2.1 and Ver 1.3.1. im guessing the ver 3.2.1 is the software (program?) update file. I don't see the 3.2.5 firmware update file though. Once I get these files and update my venom x I'm gonna try out some of these previous set ups you guys posted.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Destiny settings here 6 years 3 weeks ago #23116

• GODJOEY
Dude, email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., and tell him what system you are on. For us v1 owners we don't have the auto speed up tweak, it just doesn't work. This is due to onboard memory, the only way I heard that it would work for us is if a feature is removed. Like if you don't play on Xbox's or ps3s and only ps4 it would work. The only way is by emailing them , let me know man.

Destiny settings here 6 years 2 weeks ago #23170

• mongkee
  • Junior Boarder
Hey GODJOEY,

I just received my Venom X V2!!! super stoked but I am a bit lost still on what update files to use and what settings. I am planning on playing more Destiny as well Battlefield and the Battle Front beta. I haven't plugged it in yet so I don't know if the stock profile setting in it are good. If you could, can ya tell me some good settings for Destiny and BF4 as well as Battle Front ?

Thank you!!!!

Destiny settings here 6 years 2 weeks ago #23171

• GODJOEY
Hi Mongkee,

Here is the Destiny beta for v2 users on this page. tuact.com/index.php/en/forum/settings/13...tings-here?start=195

I usually use these settings for most games.

3.2-4.0 sensitivity "For Destiny I would use 4.0+"
2.3 x/y
1.0 ads
MAX dpi on mouse and Max dpi in setup software.

Connect your mouse to your pc and then open up your setup software to be sure your dpi is set to max 8200. Also lift off to the max height, disable any angle snapping. Then connect to the venom x "right usb port" DS4 in center port.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sigmaphi

Destiny settings here 6 years 2 weeks ago #23178

• sigmaphi
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
GODJOEY wrote:
Hi Mongkee,

Here is the Destiny beta for v2 users on this page. tuact.com/index.php/en/forum/settings/13...tings-here?start=195

I usually use these settings for most games.

3.2-4.0 sensitivity "For Destiny I would use 4.0+"
2.3 x/y
1.0 ads
MAX dpi on mouse and Max dpi in setup software.

Connect your mouse to your pc and then open up your setup software to be sure your dpi is set to max 8200. Also lift off to the max height, disable any angle snapping. Then connect to the venom x "right usb port" DS4 in center port.

Am gonna try 4.0 today and see how it goes

Destiny settings here 6 years 1 week ago #23209

• micmicbee
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

would it not be easier just to upload some profiles? seems a lot of info but i cannot find the actual profiles.
this way it helps people just stating with it, same as me lol

or any website that has those profiles? i know it will still be fine tuning but still...

Destiny settings here 5 years 11 months ago #23321

• Himmelskaberget
  • Junior Boarder
The subject of Auto-Fire and Stability Aid!

I am mainly looking for input from other users which are using this and finding a quicker fire-speed with specific weapons in the game. Having done a few tests myself with a handful of guns but very few setting-differences, I figured I'd toss the question out here first (being lazy for once).

First things first.. Using a Scout Rifle or Pulse Rifle (the tests I've run) and having the Stability Aid/Assistance on 0 or 5, makes 0 difference what so ever.
Shooting against a wall at aprox 10m range, mouse lifted up from the pad (so as to not move the mouse/aim) and no matter if I use auto-Fire or manually click the shots out - and no matter if I have the Aid to + or 5, the fireing pattern stays "the same" (deviations due to the RNG in the game itself). It does NOT appear to pull the gun down or left/right.

I figured the Stability Assistance numerical was a strengthening-meter, from 0 (weakest/none) to 5 (maximum recoil help). If I'm mistaken please inform me (the FAQ does not explain it either way).
All of the below tests are down in ADS (aiming down sights).

Running (for example) with the Iron Banners Nirwen's Mercy (Truesight IS, Perf. Balance, 3rd Eye) I set the Stability Assistance to 5 and manually fire the gun to empty (33 bullets). The gun moves heavily to the right after 33 bullets (twice the distance of the full reticule HUD), the up/down recoil is handled as usual with a slight spike on the 3rd shot.
Now doing the same with SA at 0 and the motion to the right is identical (aprox twice the distance of the full reticule HUD).
Doing it with Auto-Fire (18/s) and SA OFF gives me the same right-sided recoil end-position.
Using the Auto-Fire instead of manually clicking the trigger, I recieve the identical end-position as before with 0 or 5 SA.

I further tested this with the Tlaloc (Warlock Only Primary Scout Rifle, Soft Ballistics,Eye of the storm, Hand Loaded, Overflow ON). Overflow ON means I have my Super Charged and it then gives me better handling (speed of taking up/away gun/sighting it) higher Rate of Fire (from aprox 180s/min to 225s/min) and better Stability.
Using Manual fire (clicking) and no SA or Auto-Fire the recoil is right-angled (aprox the length of one reticule line) and aprox two lines in height.
Doing the same with Auto-Fire at 18/s and SA at 0 the recoil is identical on the right-side motions (aprox 1 reticule line to the right) but it gains almost a full line in height (3 lines up instead of 2).
Now with Auto-Fire at 18/s again but SA at 5 the motion is identical to the test with SA at 0.

This leads me to believe that Stability Assistance/Aid is either not working what-so-ever or works in a different manner entirely. Some input by a coder would be most appriciated.

This then goes to Auto-Fire and the variations and settings.

Obviously all guns have different Firerates, for example the Nirwen's Mercy has 360 bullets / minute, Bad Juju had 415, Tlaloc 180 with no Super (with Overflow/Super ready it's hard to be precise but I measure it towards 215 bullets / minute).
Trying to time the actual speed of emptying a magazine is hard to do unless you use a screen-capturing function and then checks frames... I am NOT bothering to do that but instead using a manually controlled stop-watch so my times may not be 100% but I get the times from multiple tests just to get an average.

Nirwen's Mercy first! 33 bullets, 360 Rate of fire, meaning 6 shots a second (aprox, Burst has delay..). This gives us a theoretical time of 5.5 seconds to fully empty the mag.

My AF setting is now 18/s (just as before) and I simply ADS and hold the trigger.
After 5 tests I recieve 5.2/5.2/5.3/5.3/5.2 as times which would suggest a 5,24 as average.
My AF setting is now OFF (normal player) and I simply ADS and rapidly press the trigger.
After 5 tests I recieve 5.1/5.1/5.2/5.1/5.3 as times which would suggest a 5.16 as average.

The theoretical time suggests 5.5 but I actually manually empty it closer to 5.2 if I fire it manually. Using an Auto-Fire (Full Auto) function in the VenomX v2 which is set to three times the normal firerate I actually fire slower (18/s vs 6/s). I have ONLY tried it with an 18/s Firerate so it may be a setting issue so far on my end - thus I ask for input from others!

Tlaloc now then. 20 bullets, 180 or 215 (Super Ready) Rate of Fire, meaning 3-3,58(333..) shots a second (aprox). This gives us a theoretical time of 6,7 to 5,6 to empty the magazine.

Super Active
My AF settings are now 18/s.
After 5 tests I recieve 5.2/5.2/5.3/5.3/5.2 as times which would suggest a 5,24 as an average.
My AF settings are now OFF and I simply ADS and rapidly press the trigger.
After 5 tests I recieve 5.7/5.5/5.6/5.6/5.6 as times which would suggest a 5,6 as an average.

As we can see here, with the Scout Rifle Tlaloc I do notice an increase in Firerate albeit minimal, it could still be the necessary split-second needed to kill your enemy in PvP instead of trading it 1 vs 1.

These tests are clearly done on very small samplesizes and without any differences/attempts yet from me, on the Firerate/Auto-Fire speed, but from an initial check it seems that Scout Rifles have something to gain from using Auto-Fire at 18/s where as Pulse Rifles do not.

So again, if anyone here have knowledge and tests from themselves, which works for various weapons, please share it here (Which weapon, Auto-Fire Speed etc), so that the community can all benefit from it.
Thank you for reading.

Destiny settings here 5 years 11 months ago #23349

• mongkee
  • Junior Boarder
Hi, is it possible to set the melee button to auto firing mode? i tried swapping left and right buttons on the mouse so that the left click is melee and right click to shoot then enabled auto firing on but it seems to know which button is to fire. i want to auto melee!
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds