Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Destiny settings here

Destiny settings here 6 years 3 months ago #22618

• GODJOEY
  • Thank you received: 490
Whats up man, it's because the setup software is miscalculating the dpi that isn't matching your mouse dpi setting. Set to 8200 dpi on mouse and 8200 dpi in setup or 12000 dpi in setup and 12000 on your mouse.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Himmelskaberget

Destiny settings here 6 years 3 months ago #22622

• gaveup
  • Fresh Boarder
For the new destiny beta zip provided, it states we need 3.2 beta...

Uhm, anyone know where to get that?

I just got my venomx today soley for destiny, and so far I am not impressed. Walking or running isn't really a problem (yes it has some issues, but I can deal with that), but the main problem is when I am zoomed in its not accurate at all. I currently dont have my settings, so I can't share them. Hoping some stuff I found in this thread will help.

Destiny settings here 6 years 3 months ago #22623

• GODJOEY

Destiny settings here 6 years 3 months ago #22625

• Himmelskaberget
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Right, just updated my VenomX into the latest Firmware, 3.2.4. Using the attached Destiny Beta that you offer GodJoey, the program screams for an update - which pushes it into the 3.2.4.

Trying both though, the automatic speed-up does not seem to work - at all. I see no setting in the program for it on the Destiny Beta (from your Zip) and trying in-game to simply run and turn, walk and turn, ADS and turn or Vehicle and turn - There is no difference what so ever.
Doing the same series of tests (run and turn, walk and turn, ADS and turn, Vehicle and turn) with 3.2.4 gives the same complete lack of automatic speed-up.

So it is either not functioning solely by using the Beta-firmware that you have in that Zip (You use some specific Destiny-loading Category/Profile) or the file you uploaded simply does not have this Automatic Speed-up in it.

On the subject of the Profiles!
Running 3.2.4 Firmware (Update thru the program) - As per usual you have Green, Blue and Red Profiles. These are named CoD (Green), BF (Blue) and KZ4 (Red).
Are there meant to be any differences on the actual coding of the Profiles?

I ask since if I use the latest Firmware (3.2.4) and set up the Green, Blue and Red with identical settings (4.0 Mouse, 2.5 ADS, 2.3 X/Y, 5x Multi, 8200 DPI), and when I go in-game to test the different ones out, the Red and Green handles very similar but the Blue is absolutely horrible.
Going back into the PC to check if something is wrong, the program shows that all three Profiles have the same settings - so it is clearly some difference on the Profile and how they work in Destiny.
Furthermore, it seems ot me that the KZ4's (Red) Aim-Assist works tighter and more perfect over that of the CoD (Green), where the Green appear to have some kind of mouse-acceleration built into itself, which neither BF (Blue) or KZ4 (Red) have.

If there is an actual difference between the three Profiles, how come we have no Destiny-specific Profile to use?
If there -is- a Destiny-specific Profile to use, where can we download it? If one exists Tuact must make it clear and show a download for it in the Download-Section of their site.
If there is no difference between the Profiles, then how come that my BF (Blue) profile acts so massively different than the other two, even when the settings are identical?

Destiny settings here 6 years 3 months ago #22626

• gaveup
  • Fresh Boarder
I suppose the better question is what do we do with the box2 file? Never seen that extension before.

edit: Nevermind figured it out.

Destiny settings here 6 years 3 months ago #22627

• GODJOEY
You don't see this?

Destiny settings here 6 years 3 months ago #22628

• Himmelskaberget
  • Junior Boarder
GODJOEY wrote:
You don't see this?

The first picture: No, because I don't use VenomX's own mouse but my own (as did you I assumed). Thus I use the other Layout which I have set up as this.

As you can see, I have set the Speed Up into a key (G). Doing this allows me to manually use the Speed-Up, and either doing or not doing so has no effect what-so-ever on the Auto-Speed-up usage (it doesn't activate with a key set there or not set there).
Are you saying I/we need to use the VenomX mouse and Wand to use the Automatic Speed-Up?

The second picture, no I do not see that drop-down when I click the small arrow - I get Alien Isolation up top, then BF, COD and KZ4. I might try to reset the adaptor to factory settings and re-updating the firmware..

Destiny settings here 6 years 3 months ago #22629

• Himmelskaberget
  • Junior Boarder
Having updated the Adaptor once more, the drop-down menu has updated and have a Destiny Profile to choose. Now if Destiny could come back up I could give the settings a few tries and fiddles, to make sure I get the settings I like - as well as seeing if the Auto-Speed Up works or not.

Destiny settings here 6 years 3 months ago #22630

• Himmelskaberget
  • Junior Boarder
-- I cant seem to edit my previous posts... So if people wonder why there's three in a row from me, sorry but now you know why. --

With a freshly updated Adaptor now, using the 3.2.4 firmware (not the Beta) the Automatic Speed-Up works. It activates when I run and stay active while in the air if I ran before the Jump (if I walk and then Jumps, the Speed-Up does not proc).

The automatic addition is great, I utterly love it. Great job!

With the latest changes I have fiddled out two different settings that I use with the Destiny-Profile from the programs Drop-Down menu. This is with using a QPad 5k Pro L.E. mouse with 8200 DPI set up into its own software (its saves to the Mouse onboard memory).

I set the Red light to:
Mouse Speed: 4.0
ADS: 1.2
DPI: 8200
Speed Up: x3
Y/X Ratio: 2.3

This is for my everyday useage.
I then also set up another for Shotgun Useage in PvP.

I set up the Green light to:
Mouse Speed: 2.8
ADS: 0.7
DPI: 8200
Speed Up: x3
Y/X Ratio: 2.0

When I load this I directly press the Speed-Up Key to keep it active. This way I have the Speed Up activated at all times and it helps me with quick snappy rotations to a perfect 180-degree snap.
It does lower my sniping and ADS sighting slightly, so for Sniper-maps I revert to the Red settings. This does not work 100% for me when using Handcannons and to get secure Headshots, the ADS seems a bit iffy when you use he Speed-Up (mouse acceleration?) but it could simply be that I'm not used to it as well.

So yeah, those are my settings and two posts above it you can see my Controller/Mouse/Keyboard setup as well.

Thank you for the quick replies and help, GodJoey.

Destiny settings here 6 years 3 months ago #22631

• Kdashii
  • Fresh Boarder
GODJOEY wrote:
Whats up man, it's because the setup software is miscalculating the dpi that isn't matching your mouse dpi setting. Set to 8200 dpi on mouse and 8200 dpi in setup or 12000 dpi in setup and 12000 on your mouse.

8200 dpi on mouse is like superfast no? i use the same mouse on PC :)

Destiny settings here 6 years 3 months ago #22632

• Kdashii
  • Fresh Boarder
Also, this works for Cod: AW but in Destiny it seems to slow for me tbh. And in Venom X the Mouse speed is 6 (max). In Destiny my sens seems to be only fast enough when at 2000 dpi

Destiny settings here 6 years 3 months ago #22633

• Himmelskaberget
  • Junior Boarder
Kdashii wrote:
GODJOEY wrote:

8200 dpi on mouse is like superfast no? i use the same mouse on PC :)
Kdashii wrote:
Also, this works for Cod: AW but in Destiny it seems to slow for me tbh. And in Venom X the Mouse speed is 6 (max). In Destiny my sens seems to be only fast enough when at 2000 dpi

8200 DPI is quite high for normal PC use, yes, but Destiny is not a PC-game and the settings are not equal due to how Destiny handles things. You thus need to increase the DPI on the mouse for it to work properly. 8200 DPI I'd say is the limit you need to hit to not have a ton of jittering from the mouse-movement in Destiny.
Mice today, especially those which has sensors that can handle over 5000 DPI, all have multi-sense settings. This means that you can load up two or more settings to a mouse and then switch between them thru a button or such on the mouse itself. My QPad 5k Pro L.E. for example, has two settings to choose from an my Asus STRIX has 4 settings I can choose from.
Set one mode up for Destiny gameplay (max DPI that our mouse supports) and one for ordinary PC use (1600-2400 DPI maybe?).

Your second point I dont quite understand.
CoD:AW and Destiny are two vastly different games and have different Profiles which should be used to set it up for the game itself. As GodJoey showed on his pictures before, you can choose a Destiny profile instead of the default CoD/BF/KZ4 - if you somehow do not have the dropdown menu, reset the VenomX to factory settings and then update it. This fixed the issue for me.

"in Venom X the Mouse speed is 6 (max)" - As you can see from my picture and followed posts, I detail my settings for you and others. I use 4.0 Mouse Speed, it is more than enough. If you have higher DPI than 8200, you can most definantly lower this MS some.

Destiny settings here 6 years 3 months ago #22634

• GODJOEY
Yea man 8200 dpi is not an option for me in pc gaming, the highest I ever go for pc gaming is 1800 dpi. But for console gaming emulation I have noticed going to 12000 dpi has been the best for all around smoothness, even smoother than 8200 "slightly".

Some other things to test out, before the venom software allowed 12000 dpi it would only work at 8200 dpi, this further smoothed out aiming even more. Another member mentioned dropping to 500hz polling rate may also make aiming even smoother, but I stick to 12000 setup and 12000 in the game. If you are on a large tv screen try 50% in game sensitivity if you see any jitters. Good luck and God Speed!

Destiny settings here 6 years 3 months ago #22635

• gaveup
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, so here's where things get confusing for me. To make the game even remotely playable, I have to press the speed up button. Anything else and if feels like I have to move the mouse WAY too much.

Is this how it is supposed to be?

All firmware is up to date and im using 3.2beta.

Settings are:
MS: 3.8
Speed up: 5
y/x : 2.3

I feel like there is some major deadzones when I am zooming in. Pretty inconsistent in terms of trying to snipe targets. Moving the mouse slowly to follow a target never works.

Is this normal? If so, I think I will have to give up the idea of using the venom all together. Maybe the XIM is better?

Destiny settings here 6 years 3 months ago #22636

• Himmelskaberget
  • Junior Boarder
gaveup wrote:
Ok, so here's where things get confusing for me. To make the game even remotely playable, I have to press the speed up button. Anything else and if feels like I have to move the mouse WAY too much.

Is this how it is supposed to be?

All firmware is up to date and im using 3.2beta.

Settings are:
MS: 3.8
Speed up: 5
y/x : 2.3

I feel like there is some major deadzones when I am zooming in. Pretty inconsistent in terms of trying to snipe targets. Moving the mouse slowly to follow a target never works.

Is this normal? If so, I think I will have to give up the idea of using the venom all together. Maybe the XIM is better?

Use the 3.2.4 Firmware which the VenomX's Software will want to update to.
Make sure you set things up with a Destiny Profile.

Are you using the Venom X Mouse or your own?
If Venom X, make sure you set up its DPI to three different values, so that you can check the DPI-settings differences for you (Max, Mid and 75% for example).
If you use another Mouse, which DPI have you set it up into? Also, which DPI have you set the Venom X Software to? Make sure they are identical.

The Venom X works wonderfully if you can set things up properly, the XIM and this as far as I can tell works identically, their adaptor is simply larger.

Oh, if you want me to show how the game works for me, on PS4, using the aformentioned settings of mine, PM me and I can set up a Twitch Stream so you can view it. Happy to set up some Skype or other means of talkin with you, in case that helps you out.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds