Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to Tuact forums

TOPIC: Honest review of the AIMON XB

Honest review of the AIMON XB 9 years 10 months ago #4156

• boyprodigy
  • Fresh Boarder
I noticed that there was not many reviews of the Aimon XB so I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm a old school PC gamer. I grew up playing FPSs like Wolfenstien 3D, Doom 1 and 2, Quake 1 and 2, Half Life, Duke Nukem 3D and Unreal. I've always liked a keyboard and mouse over a controller for my FPSs. To tell you the truth I can't stand a controller for FPSs. They are clunky and slow. It's in my opinion that and keyboard and mouse is the only way to play FPSs. My computer is no longer of gaming quality and I don't have the cash to upgrade it so I can't keep up with all the games that come out. And lately I've noticed some really cool FPSs coming out on Xbox 360. I've tried a similar device to the Aimon XB on the PS2 called the Smart Frag Joy and was very disappointed. When I saw this device I had to have it! So I “ebay”ed it.

When the Aimon XB arrived the other day I ran it upstairs to my Computer to install the latest driver and firmware before I tried it out on my Xbox 360. The install went very well and was very easy to do. You just need to follow the instructions on the little card that is included with the product. After about 10 minutes I was ready to go! I set my firmware to STD 2.01. I was guessing that meant standard as the other settings all had games as names.

One thing I was worried about was if my wired controller would work. My wired controller was a MADCATZ controller. I couldn't tell you what type it was as I hacked it up many moons ago for a arcade joystick I built so please don't ask. Luckily it worked and I didn't have to buy a official controller. I'm not sure if other 3rd party controllers will work so keep that in mind.

First game I popped in was Orange Box. Portal to be exact. I beat the game using a controller and was having a tough time doing some of the advance chambers with the controller. I adjusted the games sensitivities to max and re-mapped some of the controls to better suit the Aimon XB. AND THIS THING BLEW MY MIND!! Chambers that were giving me a headache I was doing in one try. The movements of the mouse were just amazing! I did notice small stutters at very slow speeds but it was nothing to cry about. I'm not sure if it could be fixed with some fine tuning. I didn't try and I really didn't mind it.

Next I tried Half Life 2. I started playing with the controller and gave up. No way I was putting myself through that without a mouse. So I started it up and did the same thing as before with the options. Max sensitivities and a bit of re-mapping. WOW! This thing has given life to a game I thought unplayable. Once again controls were smooth with only a slight stutter at very slow speeds. The parts that made me put the game down before I was blowing threw with the Aimon XB. And what a game it is!

I have never played Halo, Gears of War, Bioshock or any other console FPSs and never thought I would. I bought my Xbox 360 to play imported shmups like DoDonPachi Dai Ou Jou and fighting games like Blaze blue. I thought I would have to leave all these cool looking FPSs alone because of my hatred for using controllers for FPSs. With the Aimon XB this has all changed. I just picked up Bioshock 1 and 2, Portal 2, Halo Reach, Gears of War 1 and 2 and Doom 3 for the Xbox. All waiting in line to be played. The Aimon XB brought even more life to this console for me and I would recommend it to anyone. It's a great product for the 65$ I payed!

I'll let you folks know how the other games play when I'm done with Half Life 2!!!!

Thanks Tuact!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Honest review of the AIMON XB 9 years 10 months ago #4157

• Skrilla
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 289
That is great to hear we are happy that you are happy with your new AimonXB.

Tuact Support

Re:Honest review of the AIMON XB 9 years 6 months ago #5885

• fishlev
  • Fresh Boarder
You tried it with MW3 yet?
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds