Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to Tuact forums

TOPIC: two workarounds for AIMON XB microphone problem

two workarounds for AIMON XB microphone problem 7 years 5 months ago #12527

• Rule 762
  • Fresh Boarder
two workarounds for AIMON XB microphone problem.

The problem is that when you want to talk to your friends/team mates while playing games on XBOX Live, you need to tell the XBOX 360 which controller the microphone is associated with. With most headsets, such as turtles, this is done by plugging a wire into the headset to the controller – and the AIMON XB does not support this. No problem.

Work around 1) use the microphone in a KINNECT. This is not the best solution as the sound quality your friends will hear is bad – but it works.

Work around 2) Use the MICROSOFT XBOX 360 Wireless Headset with Bluetooth. This little device goes for about $40 and can also be used as a headset for Bluetooth phones. The issue is that there are two ways to tell XBOX live which controller the mic goes with, the lame wire as used with most headsets (thus your wireless headset is no longer wireless). The second way is used by the this headset and is done wirelessly. The only other headset I found that also uses this connection method is the TRITTON Warhead 7.1. I have not tried it yet but it might work also.

Please let me know if anyone finds any other solutions.

Thanks,
Rule 7.62
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds